Tuesday 17 May 2011

Made of Honour (02/05/08) [Archive]


Made of Honour (2008)

Director - Paul Weiland
Starring - Patrick Dempsey, Michelle Monaghan

3 stars

Another heart warming chick flick. Fits the genre beautifully with a magical combination of romance and comedy that would make the mouth's of all chick-flick lovers salivate in unison.

I think the biggest success of this movie is the brilliant acting of Patrick Dempsey. Although my mind was wandering a bit because my fellow moviegoers were constantly asking me whether he was hot or not (for the record he does the whole rugged manly combined with 'I actually do care how I look' thing quite well) I still reckon he dominated proceedings and was clearly Best On Ground. He played his character Tom Bailey so well it was almost as if he had lived the same life. He was also so easy to like, even though he was a man slut with commitment problems I so badly wanted him to get the girl.


Like a true romance, there was that moment where it all seemed like it was going down the shitter until true-love blossomed and found a second win and fought for one last crack.


All in all, a pretty enjoyable film that was easy to watch, follow and get lost in (well I got caught up in it, but I always knew I was going to). Girls will probably like it and it is certainly an eye-opener for those blokes who have trouble saying those 3 special little words.

I'm sorry for sounding ridiculously queer throughout that whole review but it just sorta happened and I went with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment